The Sea Ranch
The Sea Ranch . . . one of the most beautiful places in the world, where one can escape the pressures of urban living. The Sea Ranch offers a mild year-round climate where you can hike through the quiet majestic redwoods or hike the bluff trails and watch the crashing surf. Located along a spectacular ten mile stretch of Pacific Coast, approximately 100 miles north of San Francisco.
Things To Do
Whether you’re visiting Sea Ranch as a property owner or renting one of our vacation rentals, there are plenty of fun and exciting things to do in and around Sea Ranch.
- Check out the Trails and Beaches. There are six public access trails that lead down to some of the most beautiful and secluded sandy beaches perfect for beachcombing. Local favorites include: Shell Beach, Stengel Beach, Gualala Point Beach, Pebble Beach, and Black Point Beach.
- Three Exclusive Recreation Centers. Sea Ranch offers heated swimming pools, tennis courts, volleyball courts, saunas, and more at their three exclusive recreation centers: Del Mar Rec Center, Ohlson Rec Center, and Moonraker Rec Center. Each center is architecturally unique and amenities vary per location.
- 18 Hole Golf... play through one of California’s most Scenic courses. Winding it’s way through Sea Ranch’s undulating seaside landscape is The Sea Ranch Golf Links’ 6,649 yards of splendor with breathtaking views of the California coastline, majestic redwoods, local wildlife, and rippling sea grass. This 18-hole golf course is open daily and includes golf cart rentals, pro shop, lessons available by appointment, a practice putting green, a pitching/bunker green, and a full grass driving range. For more information on The Sea Ranch Golf Links, go to: www.searanchgolf.com
- Picnicking on the River, "The Hot Spot"
- Hiking ... for miles and miles whether to view sea lions and whales or ferns and wildflowers.
Art Galleries... exhibiting all mediums, such as Ansel Adam's photography.
- Coast Cuisine... from picnics on the beach to four star dining.
- Fishing... rock or river, diving for Abalone or casting for Steelhead on the Gualala River, one of Jack London's favorite fishing spots.
- Kayaking... on the beautiful Gualala River.
- Shops... offering local crafts and unique gifts, and books written by local authors.
- Discover a Whimsical Treasure: Designed by artist James Hubbell, The Sea Ranch Chapel is a one-of-a-kind architectural gem. The chapel seamlessly incorporates wood, metal, stone, and glass presenting a stunning display that must be seen to appreciate. A place for prayer and mindful meditation, the chapel offers sanctuary for those seeking spirituality and enlightenment.